The CONTACT library for MATLAB®
The CONTACT library for MATLAB® provides full access to the computational core of CONTACT from the MathWorks® MATLAB® software. This allows to build ones own model in an easy way on the basis of building blocks provided by the library.
Separate building blocks are used such as cntc_setmaterialproperties for setting the material parameters, cntc_setgriddiscretization for the grid discretization and cntc_setcreepages for setting the creepages. Then the actual solution process is started with cntc_calculate, and the results may be retrieved using cntc_getforces, cntc_gettractions and cntc_getmicroslip.
- Building your own programs using CONTACT's algorithms: fast, robust and versatile;
- accessing all of CONTACT's features through an easy interface;
- allowing each case to be built on previous results;
- application in transient, dynamic scenarios.
The library provides all features of the input-file, without using an input-file:
- options T=1, 2 and 3 for shifts, transient and steady rolling;
- options L=0 to 4 for Coulomb friction and the velocity-dependent friction laws;
- options M=0 to 4 for linearly elastic and visco-elastic materials, with optional interfacial layer;
- options IBASE=1 to 9 for the undeformed distance specification, Hertzian or non-Hertzian;
- full control over the creepage and/or the total force.
If you're interested in finding out more, fill in your questions in the following form. We will then contact you on the e-mail address or telephone number as indicated below.